Application Re-Engineering promotes technologies for the examination of existing systems and approaches for re-engineering of software systems.
Program Understanding, Restructuring, Language Translation, Data re-engineering, System Migration, Business process re-engineering, Reuse of sub-systems, Testing and Documentation are some features of Application Re-Engineering.
The principle business objectives of the Clavib is to improve client's capability to offer commercial services and to increase the return on investment of their software assets with the following objectives:
- Support application evolution from centralized to distributed client-server architectures.
- Support the recovery of system family designs and subsequent evolution using existing tools.
- Support evolution through the reuse of sub-systems recycled from existing systems.
- Provide a method for project manager to assess the costs, risks and benefits of evolution options.
- Integrate all of the above into a systematic method and support system evolution.